If yous are 1 of many users who convey 1 Windows figurer inwards LAN too lot of Linux figurer too lot of printers which don’t run amongst Linux nosotros convey solution.
After to a greater extent than or less googling nosotros flora page that explicate how to impress on Windows printer from Linux machine without whatever driver or PPD needed. You tin cherry-red it here. But it is to difficult to confiugure for most of users, it supports alone 1 printer on 1 computer, too it is difficult to manage. We created programme which is doing same affair much improve too easier.
We created NoLinuxDriver printer server inwards C# which yous tin download from here.
We every bit good created automated script for Linux which installs for yous everything needed for printer to work, too then yous don’t involve to produce anything else.
How to install printer server on Windows:
- Install printer on your Windows machine. It tin hold upward whatever Windows machine which supports .NET 2.0 framework.
- Download printer server from here too unzip it somewhere.
- Install AFPL Ghostscript from http://www.cs.wisc.edu/ ghost/
- Install GSview from http://www.cs.wisc.edu/ ghost/
- Create shortcut of PrinterLinuxServer.exe too motion it to Programs->Startup too then it volition run on startup.
- Start PrinterLinuxServer.exe too click refresh.
- Go to C:/printers/ too correct click on folder named yesteryear your printer.
- Click Sharing too portion that folder, select people who tin access it, if yous don’ know yous tin select Everyone too yous must enable them to read too write.
- That is all for Windows 🙂
Go to your Linux machine:
- Download printer server from here too unzip it to your habitation folder for event ‘/home/juser/printer’ .
- Go to folder where yous extracted server too opet “auth” file. Change your username, password too domain.
- Open install.sh file too modify the elevate of your printer (red colored) too IP adress(pink colored) of your server too your shared folder. #!/bin/bash
cp adist5.ppd /usr/share/cups/model/
cp winp /usr/lib/cups/backend/
cp auth /usr/lib/cups/backend/
chmod +x /usr/lib/cups/backend/winp
chmod 777 /var/spool/winp
lpadmin -p minolta163 -E -v winp://192.168.1.8/minolta163 -m adist5.ppd
- Open terminal.
- Go to folder where yous extracted server too type: sudo bash install.sh
- Run system-printer-config , select your printer too run Test page.
- Thats all 🙂
When yous click impress on Linux, winp volition post *.ps file to windows shared folder too when server recognize .ps file it volition impress it instantly.
It looks similar this:
|On left side is listing of printers, on correct is log file which tels yous what was printed too what ascendancy was executed to print.|
Please larn out comment if yous convey questions.